Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Employees shouldn’t send personal texts or emails during work hours.
Do you agree or disagree that one of the best ways to learn about a country is to watch its TV shows?
1. Do you think we should settle disagreement in a humorous way or a serious way?
2. The school requires freshmen and sophomores to live on campus. Do you think this is a good idea or not?
3. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Children at an early age should learn independent living skills.
4. Imagine that you have been accepted by two different universities. One university is well-known for its excellent academic program, but it’s expensive; while another is less well-known, but has offered you with scholarship to pay for your tuition fee. Which university would you prefer, explain why.
5. Some people think historical sites should be open to the general public, but some people think historical cites should only be open to experts and researchers. Which do you think is better?
6. Since students now all have laptops, the school decides to cancel the computer lab. Do you think this is a good idea or not?
7. When traveling, do you prefer to stay at one place for a long time, or spend less time but visit more places?
8. Do you prefer experienced teachers or new teachers?
9. Some people want their children to go to school, but some people prefer to let their children be home schooled. Which do you prefer? Why?
10. Some students prefer to do things which they are good at. Some students force themselves to do what they are not good at? Which do you prefer? Why?
11. Your city is about to build a new factory so as to provide more job opportunities for citizens; however, the factory might lead to environmental pollution to some extent. Do you agree or disagree to build such a new factory?
12. When having class discussion, some people prefer to give their opinions immediately. Others prefer to wait and listen to others’ opinions before giving their own. Which one do you think is better?
13. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Business conferences should meet in person instead of using video calls.
14. Your university is planning to allow people in the community to take courses with students. This course will be free for them and they will not receive feedback or grades about their papers. Do you think this is a good program and why?
15. Some students enjoy decorating their surroundings; other choose to keep their surroundings simple and free of any decorations. Which do you prefer and why?
16. Do you think students should use the calculator during the exam or not?
17. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is easier to be an adult than to be a child.
18. Do you think children should watch TV or listen to the news on radio or not at an early age?
19. If you are to choose between 2 apartments to live in next semester, one apartment is near the campus but slightly expensive, the other is a little far from the campus but cheaper, which one do you prefer and why?
20. Some people want to change their appearance, even by surgery. Do you agree or disagree? Give your reasons.