Which one do you think is the best way to successfully finding a job?
1. asking friends or asking online for information on a job opening
2. sending letters about yourself to the company you want to work for
3. searching for advertisements from companies through different medias such as newspapers
1. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: Children should spend most of the time playing and studying, and they should not be required to do household chores, like cooking or cleaning.
2. Some believe that teachers (for students from age 14-18) should focus on lecturing and asking students to take notes during lectures. Others believe that teachers should get students involved in discussion and encourage them to exchange ideas in class. Which way of teaching do you think is more effective for students' learning?
3. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement:
Students should be encouraged to take courses like science, technology, engineering and math that are likely to lead to job opportunities rather than subjects they might be interested in.
4. Many schools require young children (aged 5-11) to work together in a small group instead of working alone during most of their learning process. Do agree or disagree with the following statement? Requiring children to study in groups is the best way to teach them. why?
5. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more important to have facilities rather than hire more famous teachers.
6. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement?
It is difficult for teachers to be both popular (well-liked) and effective in helping students to learn.
7. Do you agree or disagree: student activities do as much benefit as academic study.
8. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Teachers' performance should be evaluated by students rather than by other teachers.
9. You may choose between two professors who will be teaching a course that you must take at your university. If the following statements are the only information available to you about the differences between the two professors, which professor would you choose? Why?
-- A professor who proves to be very popular in students’ evaluations.
-- A professor who was recently given an award for outstanding research.
10. It’s the best way for teachers to help students become more interested in a subject by explaining how this subject can help students live better outside of the school.
11. Which kind of sites would you prefer to travel?
a. sites that are popular with many other tourists.
b. sites that are less popular with less tourists.
12. Some people like studying in small classes with fewer students (in which professors are able to remember every body’s name). Others like studying in big classes. Which one do you prefer? Use specific details and examples to support your answer.
13. Doing which activity do You think can help you to strengthen the friendship between you and your friend?
a. having a good time together with your friend
b. solving your friend's problem with him or her
14. If your friend wants to reduce living expenses, which one would you suggest?
a. Find a roommate that can share the living expenses.
b. Buy the new technology products (cell phone) less frequently.
c. Shop for less expensive food and cook at home (instead of eating in restaurant or buying expensive food item).
15. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? In the past people ate food that was better for their health than they do today. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
16. After your presentation, which way would you choose to identify your weakness and improve your presentation?
a. reviewing the recording on your own;
b. inviting your colleagues or classmates to make suggestions for improvement.
17. Some companies regulate that employees should not send or receive emails related to work on vacations or holidays. Some people believe that this policy would enhance employees’ satisfaction. Do you think that it would be effective in enhancing employees’ satisfaction?
18. Teachers should give primary children（aged5-10）assignments less than 30 minutes, because they have enough instructions in regular school classes. Do you agree or disagree?
19. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Nowadays, parents can learn more from their children than their children can learn from their parents.
20. Teachers are making efforts to enhance students’ interest in study. Which way do you think is the most effective way?
a. Applying technology in their teaching, such as computers or other mobile devices;
b. Encouraging students to study in groups;
c. Introducing how this subject would be useful in the future.