Cambridge 5 TEST 1
1. produce=develop=manufacture生产 v.
2. central=middle中心的 adj.
3. did not have=without没有 v.
4. bring=confer=award=present=grant=confer=allocate=offer带来 v.
5. time limit=deadline时间限制，期限 n.
6. increase=go up/rise=grow=climb=gain=escalate=expand=pick up=widen=intensify=build up增加
7. assistant=helper=coach 助手 n.
8. immense=big=major=considerable=great=huge/enormous=tremendous=large scale/large-scale巨大的 adj.
9. illustrate=show=be a sign=demonstrate=mean=make clear=reflect=tell=be evidence=reveal 表明，显示 v.
10. quotation=a phrase or sentence that is well-known or often used 引用语 n.
11. predecessor=someone who had your job before you started doing it 前辈，前任n.
12. rival=a person, group, or organization that you compete with in sport, business, a fight etc=competitor 对手，竞争者 n.
13. distraction=something that stops you paying attention to what you are doing分心的事物 n.
14. fault=defect=problem=trouble=flaw=weakness =bug=virus=be something wrong with 错误，缺点
15. cornerstone=basis=foundation=the key 基石n.
16. confer=award=present=grant=allocate 给予 v.
17. stability=the condition of being steady and not changing稳定 n.
18. prevail=win=come out on top=prevail=carry the day流行,获胜v.
19. contract=agreement=understanding=compromise 合约 n.
20. grant=award=present=confer=allocate给予 v.
21. fascinate=if someone or something fascinates you, you are attracted to them and think they are extremely interesting吸引，使着迷 v.
22. disturb=interrupt=bother=distract=put somebody off 打扰 v.
23. expect=think=anticipate预期，期待 v.
24. psychology=the study of the mind and how it influences people's behavior 心理学 n.
25. obey=comply with=abide by=keep to=stick to the rules=conform to=observe=respect=toe the line=go by the book/do something by the book 服从，顺从v.
26. identity=someone's identity is their name or who they are 身份n.
27. severity=used of the degree of something undesirable 严重性 n.
28. unfold=open=happen=develop=expand 展开，发生 v.
29. deliberately=intentionally=on purpose=purposely故意地 adv.
30. moral=relating to the principles of what is right and wrong behavior, and with the difference between good and evil 道德上的，与道德有关的 adj.
31. prior to=before=previous在…前面
32. repetition=doing or saying the same thing many times重复 n.
33. genetic=relating to genes or genetics基因的，遗传学的 adj.
34. sacrifice=when you decide not to have something valuable, in order to get something that is more important牺牲 v.
35. victim=someone who has been attacked, robbed, or murdered受害者 n.
36. forge=form=counterfeit 形成;伪造 v.
37. persuade=convince=win over=talk around 说服 v.
38. surrender=give in 投降，放弃 v.
39. extinct=an extinct type of animal or plant does not exist anymore=disappear=vanish灭绝的，绝种的 adj.
40. abundant=plenty=ample 充裕的，丰富的 adj.
41. exaggerate=overstate夸张，夸大 v.
42. phenomenon=something that happens or exists in society, science, or nature, especially something that is studied because it is difficult to understand 现象 n.
43. perception=idea=notion=view=belief=insight 认识，观念，看法 n.
44. impression=infection=effect=influence=affection印象，感想 n.
45. entitle=to give someone the official right to do or have something 使某人有权利/资格 v.
46. distortion=a change for the worse=deformation扭曲，曲解 v.
47. dispose=to arrange things or put them in their places=arrange=settle=manage=cope with=deal with 安排，处理 v.
48. intuition=the ability to understand or know something because of a feeling rather than by considering the facts=instinct 直觉 n.
49. emission=a gas or other substance that is sent into the air排放物，散发物n.
50. diminish=reduce=decrease=fall=lessen=cut 减少，减小v.
51. postpone=put back=delay=adjourn 延期，推迟 v.
52. crucial=important=critical=vital=necessary=essential 至关重要的 adj.
53. pessimistic=expecting that bad things will happen in the future or that something will have a bad result=getting worse悲观的 adj.
54. attempt=purpose=order=effort 尝试，努力